Thank you for being our guest. We hate to see you leave and hope that you will come back to visit us soon. PROACTIVE Vacations would like to remind you again of our check-out procedures along with a few other notes:
1. Check-out time is 10:00 am on the day of your departure, NO EXCEPTIONS. Your prompt departure is needed and appreciated to allow our housekeeping team enough time to prepare the rental for the next guests. Please make sure that you have all of your belongings out of the house and have followed all of the procedures as outlined herein.
2. Keys: If your property uses an electronic door lock for access, please return the additional key(s) used during your stay back to the hook on the refrigerator. If your property uses a lock box for obtaining keys to the property, please make sure to return your keys to the lock box prior to check-out. Return all Keys to the refrigerator hook if electronic locks, or the lock box, as appropriate for your property location.
3. Check-Out Instructions: Please make sure to follow the check-out procedures below to avoid any fees being charged against your Security Deposit and/or your credit card on file, as noted below.
- Please take all personal beach furniture/toys/etc. upon departure to avoid an excess trash fee.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator, pantries, and cabinets.
- Check the entire property for any personal belongings.
- All dishes, cooking utensils, etc. must be cleaned and returned to their proper location. No items shall be left in the dishwasher.
- Set the thermostat back to 72 Degrees during summer stays, and 65 Degrees during winter stays.
- Trash Collection (Black Cans) & Recycling (Blue Cans): **Very Important** We ask that you please remove all trash, inside and out. Trash collection occurs every Tuesday, year-round, and trash receptacles must be out at the street no later than 6am, therefore we ask that you please roll the can out the night before. An additional pick-up occurs on Saturday, from June to September. We ask that you place your receptacle back near the home after collection has occurred. Recycling carts (not all properties participate in this service) are emptied every other week, during the months of October – May and weekly during the months of June – September.
- Remove bed linens and place in specified location.
- Turn off all lights, inside and out, including ceiling fans
- *IMPORTANT* Make sure to lock ALL windows and doors
- Report any damages during your stay.
4. Grills: Before check-out, please make sure that the ashes have been dumped from the grill and that the grill surface has been cleaned.
5. Complete Check-Out: When leaving the property, please log into Happy Stays and click the check-out button so that our housekeeping team knows the property is vacant and ready to be cleaned for the next guest. We greatly appreciate the help in keeping our check-in/check-out days running smoothly!
6. Security Deposit Accounting and/or Return if applicable: Upon your departure, the property goes through several inspections by different employees of PROACTIVE Vacations. If anything is found to be damaged, or check-out instructions noted above are not followed, further investigations are done to verify any discoveries. This process follows through several checkpoints. It is our objective to have the Security Deposit returned to you as soon as possible, but we are held to high standards on the processing thereof. North Carolina General Statues mandate that we return it to you, or provide an accounting of the Security Deposit within 45 days following the vacating of the property. We exceed these requirements by having the accounting and/or return of the Security Deposit within 45 days following the vacating of the property. Please do not call or email regarding your Security Deposit except if you have not received or heard anything from us after 40 days have expired. We understand the urgency to have it returned, but phone calls or emails do not expedite the handling of the Security Deposit.
7. Booking Again: Now that you have stayed with us, we hope to see you again. If you booked your vacation with a third party market provider, please remember to call us next time at 910.842.1550, email us at email@example.com, or visit us on the web at www.proactivevacations.com. Guests are able to book their reservations for less by booking directly with us. We will have more properties to choose from next year, or you can book the same property.