If you are staying at one of PROACTIVE Vacation’s rentals you’ll have plenty of parking at your rental, however, if you choose to drive elsewhere on the island, the Town of Holden Beach has implemented paid parking as of May 1, 2022 from 9 am to 5 pm daily.
When is Paid Parking In Effect?
Paid parking in Holden Beach is in effect from 9 am to 5 pm daily. In 2022, paid parking will run from May 1 to October 31. In 2023, paid parking will run from April 1 to October 31.
Where Do I Have to Pay To Park?
All public parking areas in Holden Beach are now pay to park. Per ordinance, there is no parking on the streets or rights-of-way except in designated parking spaces identified by Pay-to-Park signs. Parking at the area parks remains free while you are using the park. Click here for an interactive map from the Town of Holden Beach showing all parking areas.
What Are the Holden Beach Parking Rates?
- $4 per hour for up to 4 hours
- $20 per day, or any duration longer than 4 hours
- $80 per week (7 consecutive days)
- $150 per vehicle for an annual permit
- A vehicle displaying a handicap license plate and/or hangtag parked in a designated handicap space is free.
Parking violations are $50. After 30 days, a $25 late fee will be applied to unpaid citations. After 60 days, citations will be referred to a collection agency.
How Do I Pay To Park?
There are 3 ways to pay for parking:
- Download the “SurfCAST by Otto” app, setup your account, register your vehicle, and pay for parking
- Scan the QR code on the parking signs to link to a Secure website. Follow the prompts to pay for parking or use the Secure website: https://surfcast.ottoconnect.us/pay
- Call the Otto Connect team at 910-200-1497. You will need to provide your email, phone number, license plate/tag number, state of registration, and a Credit or Debit card
If you have questions or need further information about paid parking, visit the Paid Parking page on the Holden Beach Town Hall website.