PROACTIVE Vacation Home Guidelines
Below you will find general advice, or your vacation home guidelines, for staying in your PROACTIVE Vacations home while in Holden Beach. This information can also be referenced HERE, as well as within the Happy Stays App. If at any time you have a question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Carpet/Upholstery: We are aware that accidents happen. If you happen to stain the carpet or upholstery, please do not attempt to remove the stain yourself. Contact our office as soon as possible so that we can plan to fix the issue as soon as possible.
Dishwashers: Please only use detergent deemed suitable for a dishwasher. Using regular dish soap will produce too many suds and can clog drains, producing an overflow.
Elevators (If Applicable):
- Close Door Securely.
- Ensure that the elevator door and the cab gate is closed securely.
- Depress button for desired floor level.
- Do not open the elevator gate during operation of the elevator and wait to open the gate until the elevator has come to a complete stop at the desired floor.
- When exiting the elevator, ensure that the elevator gate has been closed, and that the door has been closed. If the gate and door are not closed, the elevator will not operate.
- If the elevator stops intermittent between floors, please call (910) 842-1550 for assistance.
- Do not depress the emergency button except in the event of an actual emergency.
- To call the elevator, depress the button next to the elevator door. The button should light up. Wait for the elevator car to arrive at the floor. Do not open the door until the light has turned off. Do not force the door open as this will result in damages to the safety switch installed on each floor.
- Please note that while the elevator is a wonderful convenience, it is not something for child’s play or those not familiar with its operation.
Events, Parties, and Other Visitors: House Parties are prohibited on the premises. Any special event such as but not limited to: family reunions, weddings, receptions or anniversaries are not permitted at the premises without express, written permission by PROACTIVE Vacations. Special events require additional lease provisions, event fees, insurance, and/or additional security deposit. Failure to acquire prior approval for your special event could result in expedited eviction, additional fees, or other action.
Extra Light Bulbs: We are aware that light bulbs go out unexpectedly. In this event, each property should be equipped with extra bulbs in a storage cabinet. If you are unable to find the extra supply or are unable to reach the light that needs changing, please call our housekeeping or maintenance department and they will address the light at their earliest convenience. Please leave any light bulbs changed in the cabinet.
Furniture and Accessories: Furniture from inside the house is not permitted to be taken outside; including linens and accessories provided in the home. If indoor or outdoor furniture is re-arranged, please ensure that when you check-out it has been placed back in its original place. This includes kitchen items as well. Please do not re-arrange items in the kitchen.
Games and Puzzles: Many of our homes are furnished with games and puzzles for guests to use. Please be careful to place all of the game pieces and parts back in their respective boxes and/or containers. There may be small pieces to games and/or puzzles that might be attractive for the younger ones to place in their mouth. Parents please be attentive to your younger children when the games are being used. These games are for your convenience and entertainment while here visiting. Please do not remove them from the inside of the home.
Gatherings/Occupancy: Please respect your neighbors and the home in which you are staying. House parties are strictly prohibited. The number of guests occupying a property is limited to the number stated on the confirmation and exceeding the specified occupancy constitutes a breach in the lease agreement and can lead to termination of your stay without refund (except for an infant requiring a crib). These limits are strictly enforced. All homes are limited to families, married couples or adults 25 years of age or older. For groups not meeting these requirements PROACTIVE Vacations will be glad to suggest some resorts in the area to accommodate you. Over occupying a property will result in a 24-hour expedited eviction, without a refund. Campers, vans, or buses may not be used to increase the capacity.
Hot Tubs (If Applicable): The hot tub provided for your use has been cleaned prior to your arrival. The water has been treated to ensure it is correctly balanced. Use the hot tub at your own risk. Shower before entering to remove make-up, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc. Do not use any soap products or bubble bath in the hot tub. Do not set the temperature above 102 degrees. No alcohol consumption in the hot tub. Children under 5 should never been in the hot tub. Children should never be unattended in or around the hot tub. Consult a physician before use if pregnant, if you have health conditions or use medications for circulation, etc. Never use street clothes in the hot tub. Reattach the cover after every use. Staying in hot water too long can cause nausea, dizziness, vomiting, overheating, or burning of the skin. Limit soaks to 30 minutes and drink lots of water!
Grilling | Fireplaces: It is strictly prohibited by the fire ordinance of the state of North Carolina to use grilling equipment in multiple unit buildings or on wooden decking. ALL grilling should be done on the ground level of the rental property. Grilling is not permitted under carports, porches, or wooden decks. All grills must be at least twenty (20) feet from any part of any structure while in use or producing any heat. This includes overhangs of any structure. Please roll grills out beyond the building structure. Never use charcoal in gas grills and please remember it is the guests’ responsibility to clean the grills before departure. Charcoal and lighter fluid are not provided. Please refrain from using fireplaces during summer months or in high wind conditions.
Long Distance Calls: A long distance block has been placed on your phone; however, local and toll-free calls may be placed from homes that have phones.
Loss of Personal Property: PROACTIVE Vacations assumes no responsibility for accidents or injuries to guests or for the loss of personal property. It is your job as a guest to make sure your rental home is properly locked upon any and all departures. Open windows should be avoided with the presence of small children. There are no lifeguards present on Holden Beach, so please watch your children carefully and be aware of swimming conditions.
No Smoking: Smoking inside the home is not permitted. There are no exceptions. Evidence of smoking inside the home may result in immediate eviction, or if discovered upon checkout that smoking inside the home has occurred, will automatically result in the security deposit not being refunded and/or charged a fee of $500 to the credit card on file. Please ensure that all cigarette butts have been picked up and not littered on the property.
Outside Shower and Water Spigots: Please make sure the water is turned off at these locations when not in use. The hoses and/or outdoor showers on the deck are there to wash off your beach chairs/toys and as well your feet when coming in from the beach. You will enjoy the house much more without sand being tracked in, though some is inevitable. Please hose off the sand from the deck occasionally to avoid build-up of sand on the deck. Remember the house is only cleaned when you leave. Please note, outside water is non-functional during the months of November – March.
Parking: Space for parking is provided in the carport and driveway of the property only. Please do not park on the street or in the driveway or carport of adjacent properties. As well, do not park on grass lawn areas or areas that are landscaped.
Pet-Friendly Homes: Pets are allowed at ONLY pet designated properties. A nonrefundable pet fee will be required when bringing a pet. A dog friendly home is limited to a single dog or 2 dogs with the combined weight of 50lbs. In the event that upon inspection of the Premises either during or after guest’s tenancy evidence shows that this policy has been violated, a Minimum Fee of $750.00 will be charged to the guest’s Security Deposit and/or credit card on file to cover any cleaning of the property and the Pet Fee that would have been otherwise charged to the guest. Any violation of this policy may further result in expedited eviction of the guest with no refunds. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) rules with regard to tenancy service dogs are honored. Guests who may be sensitive or allergic to pet hair or dander should be aware that it is not guaranteed that a pet has not entered the home. Registered service dogs & owner’s pets may have resided in the property previously prior to guests stay. If allergies are a concern, please see our pet free homes.
Pools (If Applicable):
- The pool provided for your use has been cleaned prior to your arrival. Swimming pools pose a potential risk, and we ask you to be aware of safety rules prior to using the pool. Please use the pool at your own risk. We are not responsible for accidents or injuries.
- Do not leave children unattended near the pool.
- No food or beverages in the pool or on the pool deck. Don’t use glass containers near or around the swimming pool area. Beverage glasses can easily break on the pool deck or pool walls. Instead use outdoor-friendly options like acrylic tumblers or paper, plastic, or foam cups, or drink from a can.
- No running on the pool deck! Walk, don’t run. The number one pool safety rule is to never, ever run near a swimming pool. Slipping on wet concrete is a real concern and serious injuries can result.
- Absolutely no diving.
- Stay away from drains and other openings that cause suction.
- Don’t enter the pool under the influence of alcohol or medications. Swimming under the influence poses risks: Alcohol and some medications can impair your ability to swim and affect other motor skills, as well as breathing and orientation.
- Supervise others sober and without distractions, such as reading or using a cell phone.
- Do not tamper with pool heater.
- Use pool safety equipment properly. Pool safety equipment should not be used as toys.
- Out of the pool and inside when storms threaten. Lightning can strike suddenly, even in the absence of rain or with blue sky visible. Take cover when a storm approaches and remain out of the water until at least 30 minutes after the last lightning is sighted or thunder heard.
- When exiting pool, be sure to completely dry yourself off before entering the home. Take care to not track water onto slick floors where someone could slip.
- Don’t push anyone into the pool. What seems like fun can be dangerous. You could severely injure someone when you suddenly throw, push, or yank them into the water when they don’t expect it
Soaking up the Sun: Hopefully your vacation will afford lots of sunshine for your visit to play in the water, build elaborate sand castles, sip on your favorite beverage, or read your favorite book. In all of your fun and relaxation, don’t forget to use sunscreen. We hear too many stories of vacations spent in misery after the first day of someone having too much sun exposure with not enough sunscreen. Being sunburned is not fun. Use plenty of sunscreen and use it often to make your vacation enjoyable.
Splash In the Water: There is nothing more refreshing than the cool ocean water. At the same time it can be very dangerous. Parents please pay attention to your kids in the water, especially their position in the water, and directions they are being pulled. Water currents can have a very powerful force and pull
someone under very quickly. Always be aware of what is happening with the water currents and heed the warnings to stay out of the water when the currents are strong.
The Owners’ Closet: All homes are equipped with a locked owners’ closet or storage room. We ask that you be respectful of these areas as they are not intended for guests. Please do not open or tamper with these closets. Tampering with these areas will result in a charge to your security deposit and/or charge to your credit card on file.
We Hope You Enjoy Your Stay!
These PROACTIVE Vacation home guidelines are here to help you enjoy your stay while in Holden Beach. We worry about the details of your vacation home guidelines so you can worry about the fun! Interested in checking out more about PROACTIVE? Follow us on Facebook HERE, and Instagram HERE. Having a great time and sharing your trip on social media? Tag us and use #proactive_vacations for a chance to be featured on our page; we love to see how our guests spend their time at Holden Beach!